Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STL Area going out to breakfast/lunch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by jerneedog View Post
    How was the meetup?
    about 18 were there!

    Comment


    • #17
      OP ... kudos for organizing.

      Same place for an early Spring GTG? Maybe we pick a date in late March / early April so can get it on everyone's calendar ... fire it up with a new thread

      Kinda' like the "cars & coffee" events, just a little different, as in "carry & coffee"
      Bob ... Just Your Average Jewish Redneck
      Participant in Gun Fighting Training Program
      Civilian Marksmanship Program competitor - M1 Garand, IDPA Shooter
      Part-Time Sales at Major Firearms Retailer

      Comment


      • #18
        Thread from the dead?

        I'd be interested in something with a little notice. Isn't there one of the ranges in STL that has a restaurant?

        Comment


        • #19
          Maybe consider someplace more central to the state? Believe it or not, St. Louis is not only not the heart of Missouri but many of us in the outlying regions wouldn't consider going to the St. Louis Metro area on a a dare. How about some place in Jeff City?
          “You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.” - Ayn Rand

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by madmacs View Post
            Thread from the dead?

            I'd be interested in something with a little notice. Isn't there one of the ranges in STL that has a restaurant?
            Hmm, not that I'm aware of. That said, "The Range" on Manchester & 141 has places to eat within walking distance.

            Originally posted by brolin_1911a1 View Post
            Maybe consider someplace more central to the state? Believe it or not, St. Louis is not only not the heart of Missouri but many of us in the outlying regions wouldn't consider going to the St. Louis Metro area on a a dare. How about some place in Jeff City?
            I hear ya', and seems like "regional" events would be needed. I'd think that Columbia / Jeff City people won't make the drive to St Louis, and vice versa. You may want to start a thread for a GTG nearer to your location.

            Right now, since I'm in St Louis, I'll focus on that for the time being. These things have a way of growing when the dates are pre-determined and regular. I helped start a cars & coffee thing that grew to over 100+ vehicles.
            Last edited by PattonWasRight; January 17th, 2017, 08:50 AM.
            Bob ... Just Your Average Jewish Redneck
            Participant in Gun Fighting Training Program
            Civilian Marksmanship Program competitor - M1 Garand, IDPA Shooter
            Part-Time Sales at Major Firearms Retailer

            Comment


            • #21
              Where exactly is that range near 141 and Manchester? I'm by that way occasionally but have never seen it. What's it by or do you have an address?
              Thanks!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jslow View Post
                Where exactly is that range near 141 and Manchester? I'm by that way occasionally but have never seen it. What's it by or do you have an address?
                Thanks!
                http://therangestl.com/ ... it's set back a little bit, easy to miss.

                https://www.google.com/maps/place/14...!4d-90.5365906
                Bob ... Just Your Average Jewish Redneck
                Participant in Gun Fighting Training Program
                Civilian Marksmanship Program competitor - M1 Garand, IDPA Shooter
                Part-Time Sales at Major Firearms Retailer

                Comment


                • #23
                  Thank you!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    http://sharpshooterstl.com/

                    Is where I was thinking of, never been there, don't know anythinv about it...

                    I don't disagree with the suggestion of "more central"... Annoy some liberals in Columbia? Lol

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Jslow View Post
                      Where exactly is that range near 141 and Manchester? I'm by that way occasionally but have never seen it. What's it by or do you have an address?
                      Thanks!
                      Originally posted by madmacs View Post
                      http://sharpshooterstl.com/

                      Is where I was thinking of, never been there, don't know anythinv about it...

                      I don't disagree with the suggestion of "more central"... Annoy some liberals in Columbia? Lol
                      That looks great. Heard of it vaguely but never looked up. Looks ideal. More central-ish for more STL folks too.

                      So ... we pick a Saturday am in Feb for a GTG? Other ideas?
                      Bob ... Just Your Average Jewish Redneck
                      Participant in Gun Fighting Training Program
                      Civilian Marksmanship Program competitor - M1 Garand, IDPA Shooter
                      Part-Time Sales at Major Firearms Retailer

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X