Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitch members are going to the Annual Members meeting and Banquet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitch members are going to the Annual Members meeting and Banquet?

Well who is up for this?
    For a change your vote will be "public". But I have no idea where that shows up, I guess I'll vote and find out.
    I'm in, wouldn't miss it
    27.27%
    Thinking about it, leaning that way.
    36.36%
    Probabby not
    9.09%
    Not going
    27.27%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by mspgunner; April 20, 2013, 10:03 PM.

Have to see how the family schedule and the gas budget all work out as we get closer to the date.
    "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

Comment

I will be at the meeting but won't be staying. I am hoping this is not a CALL TO ARMS. We will just have to see.

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmo9 View Post
        I will be at the meeting but won't be staying. I am hoping this is not a CALL TO ARMS. We will just have to see.
        It's a regular "meeting" and annual "Banquet". Oh, FYI to reponders, you are "encouraged" to JOIN the MSSA.

Comment

I believe I have a current membership, but I don't have a clue where the meeting is going to be held, not even sure about the date.
          Dave
          "Prosperity or egalitarianism -- you have to choose. I favor freedom -- you never achieve real equality anyway, you simply sacrifice prosperity for an illusion." Mario Vargas Llosa; Peruvian Writer, Poet, Philosopher, and Politician

Comment

Front page (all the information is here):
            http://www.missourisportshooting.org/

Comment

The number of people going to the annual members meeting and banquet is pathetic! So many want so much but won't take the time to go to "Rally Day" or the once a year Members meeting and Banquet.
              You don't get anything by ranting and raving here.
              You have to GO to get anything you really want, and you have to be a "MEMBER" to have a voice.
              Doesn't matter if your a college student that wants campus carry, some one who takes a bus and wants bus carry, some one who wants more youth shooting sports activities, or a person who has "issues" with MSSA. I get PMs about all of the above but I'm NOT spending an hour at a BOD meeting whining about this and that. Want a voice? Come on out, the dinner is good too.
              Think about it............

Comment

The numbers of people going to the members meeting and banquet is not improving. Everyone "WANTS", time to buck up folks and give! Go to the banquet! State Representative Paul Curtman is driving back to Jefferson City from eastern Missouri to be the key note speaker. He, I and others will not be happy if there are only 10 or 15 people there! We got 6 or 700 for "Rally Day. We should be able to get 100 for the annual meeting and banquet. If you don't patrticipate your voice is not heard!

Comment

Great collection of Rally Day pictures:
                  http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/Bi...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Well I was at the meeting/dinner and finally got to put some faces with the userid. With that said I'd like to try and make a point.

We all have things going on in our lives and its hard at times to find the times to drive across town much less halfway across the state. I hadn't planned on going until other plans had cancelled and the wife said rainy day, you can't mow, etc. get out of here. So I went.

Now guys and gals, if your reading this, we all love our 2A, but what do we do, really to support it? I didn't know there was so many disciplines in shooting. These folks, men and women, find the time to go practice and shoot. A lot of awards handed out and the food was good.

Now if you can't go but you have a computer and again reading this, you have $20 a year to support MSSA and all they support and do. I won't go into details, but they help with not only the shooting game but also some charities.

So right now get off your duff and go write a check for $20 and help them help others.

End of point making
                    "THE STRONGEST REASON FOR PEOPLE TO RETAIN THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS IS; AS A LAST RESORT, TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AGAINST TYRANNY IN GOVERNMENT."
                    THOMAS JEFFERSON

Comment

You are correct, so much gets done by so few while many don't join but whine. I have voiced a concern with the BOD about "membership" and free rides but I am only one.
                      One of our frequent members and posters here on the forum took the time, took the drive and was placed on the ballot for the BOD buy was not elected. His ideas were considered and may actually be acted on by the BOD, this is yet to be determined. At least he took the time to show up, very few do.

The members can make the MSSA what ever they want it to be but you have to show up to stand up and be heard, especially at the annual members meeting.

Life is like a sewer, you get out of it what you put into it.

Many of the
                      prolific posters on this forum
                      are NOT even members.
                      Those opinions have no weight, it's just chatter.
                      If you can afford a computer you should be able to buck up for $20.00 for membership and a voice in your 2A rights.
                      The MSSA and web site are not a God given right, nor granted by the Constitution!
                      They are paid for {$$.$$} by your participation.

Originally posted by oztwaa View Post
                      Well I was at the meeting/dinner and finally got to put some faces with the userid. With that said I'd like to try and make a point.

We all have things going on in our lives and its hard at times to find the times to drive across town much less halfway across the state. I hadn't planned on going until other plans had cancelled and the wife said rainy day, you can't mow, etc. get out of here. So I went.

Now guys and gals, if your reading this, we all love our 2A, but what do we do, really to support it? I didn't know there was so many disciplines in shooting. These folks, men and women, find the time to go practice and shoot. A lot of awards handed out and the food was good.

Now if you can't go but you have a computer and again reading this, you have $20 a year to support MSSA and all they support and do. I won't go into details, but they help with not only the shooting game but also some charities.

So right now get off your duff and go write a check for $20 and help them help others.

End of point making

Comment

Working...
                      X